Sunday, February 14, 2010

A day in Ward Valley with Jason Abraham

Yesterday was one of the first truly sunny California days we've had in quite awhile here in Lake Tahoe. While I love the sunshine, I think I love powder even more, so I'm not really complaining. My friend Jason Abraham, Elevated Image Photography, and I headed up the road and into my big backyard of Ward Valley to see if there was any powder left out there... After a leisurely start we found good quality snow on east and northeast exposures above 8,000 feet. It was our first time shooting photos together and the clear skies and good snow helped us get some great shots. The best shots are being saved for publications, so here's a few of the rest.
This winter, it has been especially hard to shoot ski photos. While we've had tons of snow and great conditions, the light has been relatively non-existent. We all love good skiing, but people like me and photographers like Jason need to get shots to keep sponsorships and make a little money. Needless to say, getting out with good light and a great photographer really made my day, especially after taking the previous 5 days off to rest my ailing heel. We had a great time hiking around and skiing lines, and the laid back feel of the day made this one of the more enjoyable photo days I've ever had. I look forward to working with Jason more in the near future. The photo below is of the fun spine zone that we sessioned for a few runs before the light went away. I skied three new lines this day, and all of them heavily guarded by some massive cornices...

No comments:

Post a Comment